[R] how can i deal with multiple response data?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 24 08:38:44 CEST 2005

You asked this yesterday: repeatedly asking the same question is just
annoying to the readership.  Please see the posting guide and try to
improve a question that receives no response.

You have not said what analysis you intend to do with such data.  Unless
you do we cannot really help you more than answer your actual question
(see below).  We cannot even guess for you as we don't know the purpose of
the study.

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, ronggui wrote:

> in a questionair i ask:
> Which of the following software packages do you use for data analysis?
> 1 	R
> 2 	S-Plus
> 3 	SAS
> 4 	SPSS
> 5 	Stata
> 6 	others
> (In this question, respondents are asked to mark the name of each package they use. Respondents may mark any number of packages)
>
> and code the answer as:
>                q1_R   q1_SPlus     q1_SAS    q1_SPSS   q1_Stata  q1_others
>        1.         1          0          0          0          0          1
>        2.         1          1          0          0          1          0
>        3.         0          0          0          0          1          0
>        4.         0          0          1          0          0          0
>        5.         0          0          1          0          0          1
>

> my question: is there any function  dealing with this data?

Yes.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk