[R] Re Components of variance

John Wilkinson (pipex) wilks at dial.pipex.com
Sun Jun 26 13:31:20 CEST 2005

John,

In addition to 'VarCorr(nlme) and VarCorr(Matrix)', you could also try
'varcomp' function in the 'ape' package.This requires an 'lme' class of
file, from the 'nlme package as input.It additionally gives the options to
scale the components by normalizing them (both cumulatively and in total).

I hope this helps,

John

John Sorkin Wrote-----

Could someone identify a function that I might use to perform a
components of variance analysis? In addition to the variance
attributable to each factor, I would also like to obtain the SE of the
variances.
Thank you,
John

John Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
Baltimore VA Medical Center GRECC and
University of Maryland School of Medicine Claude Pepper OAIC

University of Maryland School of Medicine
Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)