[R] dates and time formats

Mike R mike.rstat at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 21:52:30 CEST 2005

Is there a way in R to globally setup a default format for dates for all, or
nearly all, or just "many" R date/time-related functions?

For example, dates in library(chron) expects, by default, MDY with
forward-slash delimiters, whereas my habit  and my data sets tend to
be YMD with dash delimiters, as in 2005-06-24

Currently, I use the following practice:

dates("2005-06-24", format="y-m-d")

Is there a recommended documentation page that thoroughly describes
all the possible "environment" settings in addition to some such "date"
setting?

TIA,
Mike

       _