[R] Clustered boxplots

ftorrei2@uiuc.edu ftorrei2 at uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 27 16:55:47 CEST 2005

Hello,

Is there a way to obtain clustered boxplots similar to the
ones provided by SPSS? I have a dependent variable (y axis),
an independent factor (which I intend to represent with
different colors, no help needed here) and a grouping factor
for the clusters (which I don´t know how to display) I would
like to leave a bigger space between the boxplots of each
cluster than between teh boxplots within each of them, and I
would also like to add labels below each cluster. Then I will
add a legend for the colors representing the independent
factor (this is something I can do, no help needed here). I
would appreciate any hint pointing me in the right direction.

Francisco
Francisco Torreira
Spanish, Italian and Portuguese
Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign