[R] "all connections are in use" error during lazyload stage of packa ge installation

Tuszynski, Jaroslaw W. JAROSLAW.W.TUSZYNSKI at saic.com
Wed Jun 29 15:56:54 CEST 2005

Hi,

I suddenly started getting strange errors while working on my caTools
package:

     >RCMD install C:/programs/R/rw2011/src/library/caTools
	preparing package caTools for lazy loading
	Error in file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) :
	        all connections are in use
	Execution halted
	make: *** [lazyload] Error 1
	*** Installation of caTools failed ***

I searched through R website and mailing lists but did not found many clues.
I am not running R environment so showConnections and CloseAllConnections
functions are not helpful. Did I run into some OS specific limit on number
of files allowed? I closed all other programs and rebooted my machine but it
did not help.

Any hints would be appreciated.

My System is:
- R version: R 2.1.1
- Operating System: Win XP
- Compiler: mingw32-gcc-3.4.2

Jarek

 Jarek Tuszynski, PhD.                           o / \
 Science Applications International Corporation  <\__,|
 (703) 676-4192                                   ">   \
 Jaroslaw.W.Tuszynski at saic.com                     `    \