[R] Help with stripplot

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at stat.wisc.edu
Thu Jun 30 19:04:03 CEST 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 11:40, Ghosh, Sandeep wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply. I need some more help. I want the datapoints
> for each group to show up in a different color, like all wt data points to
> be green, het to be blue and hom to be red. Also I need the median point of
> all the data points plotted as well by a short line as shown in attachment.

stripchart takes you almost all the way there:

with(dataFrame,
     stripchart(marbles_buried ~ genotype,
                vert = TRUE, method = "jitter",
                col = c('blue', 'red', 'green')))
meds <- as.vector(with(dataFrame,
                       by(marbles_buried, genotype, median)))
segments((1:3)-0.25, meds, (1:3)+0.25, meds, col = c('blue', 'red', 'green'))

Deepayan