[R] (no subject)

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Tue Mar 1 05:33:54 CET 2005

will tell you to specify an informative subject line in your postings.

You can change working directory by using setwd(), see help("setwd").
For example setwd("c:\My Documents") might work. I am not sure if you
need to truncate the path names to 8 characters anymore.

But if you want to read files in other directory, you can do so without
changing your current working directory. As long as you can supply the
absolute or full path, you should be fine.

For example read.delim(file="c:\My Documents\project1\datafile.txt")
would read that file into R regardless of current directory.

If you use absolute paths and if you saved the commands onto a script
file, then you can re-execute these command under whatever version of R.
I would recommend this approach since you will have a rather static
working directory.

Regards, Adai