[R] Beginner - simple simulation

Dimitris Rizopoulos dimitris.rizopoulos at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Mar 1 10:01:35 CET 2005

a simple approach could be:

n <- seq(10, 5000, 10)
means <- numeric(length(n))
for(i in seq(along=n)){
    mat <- sample(1:6, 2*n[i], TRUE); dim(mat) <- c(n[i], 2)
    means[i] <- mean(ifelse(!mat[,1]%%2, mat[,1], -mat[,2]))
}
means
plot(n, means, xlab="sample size", ylab="mean")

I hope it helps.

Best,
Dimitris

----
Dimitris Rizopoulos
Ph.D. Student
Biostatistical Centre
School of Public Health
Catholic University of Leuven

Address: Kapucijnenvoer 35, Leuven, Belgium
Tel: +32/16/336899
Fax: +32/16/337015
Web: http://www.med.kuleuven.ac.be/biostat/
     http://www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~m0390867/dimitris.htm