[R] Differences between package and library terminology

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Wed Mar 2 14:42:33 CET 2005

Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between the terms for
package and library ?  Why are we loading a package with the library()
command ?

If this is a case of RTFM, I would be happy to do so if pointed in the
right direction. I have searched the FAQ and mail archives and only came
up with http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/05/02/12162.html but this
still does not explain what is the requirement/features of a package vs.
library.

Does this question not qualify to be included in the FAQs.

Thank you

Regards, Adai