[R] OT: Looking for freely available medical data

Rusty Shackleford rs at natchie.mine.nu
Wed Mar 2 17:38:37 CET 2005

I'm a computer science graduate student studying machine learning and
rule-based induction.  I'd like to explore if it is possible to predict
future disease rates based on medical data.

However, medical claims data like this is usually only collected by
insurance companies who aren't going to share with me.

There are lots of statisticians on this list -- maybe somebody knows
about some freely available datasets, like 20-year-old Medicare claims
that have all personal information removed.

TIA