[R] error when when making package tcltk from source (R.0.1)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sun Mar 6 18:48:12 CET 2005

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 20:23:59 +0300, Renaud Lancelot
<renaud.lancelot at cirad.fr> wrote :

>Dear R-Helpers,
>
>I am working with Windows XP.
>I am trying to build R 2.0.1 from source (R-2.0.1.tar.gz downloaded from
>CRAN).
>I read the R Installation and Administration manual and the
>README.packages file as well (probably tot carefully enough !).
>
>I installed the recommended tools and software including TCL/TK software
>(from archive ActiveTcl8.4.9.0.121397-win32-ix86.exe). I modified the
>PATH system variable and created new user variables:
>
>TCLTK_CPPFLAGS=C:\tcl\include
>TCLTK_LIBS=C:\tcl\lib

I think these are the problem.  In Windows you should only need to
edit the MkRules file to change these lines:

# Where does Tcl/Tk live? Spaces allowed.
TCL_HOME = $(RHOME)/Tcl
TCL_VERSION = 84

The section I think you were reading where you found TCLTK_CPPFLAGS
was specific to using the configure utility in Unix.

Duncan Murdoch