[R] plot gam object

cperoni@racine.ra.it cperoni at racine.ra.it
Mon Mar 7 16:28:54 CET 2005

Dear R help,

I am fitting a gam model with package GAM ( I use lo() to fit 2 non-parametric
additive components).

When I plot the GAM object, along with the graphics window displaying plots of
each components, I read the following warnings at the prompt:
3: the condition has length 1 and only the first element will be used in: if
(scale2 < scale) rep(mean(ylim), 2) + ((ylim - mean(ylim)) *
4: number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length .

I am changing the scale parameter but I still get the same warnings.

I have no idea of the meaning of the warnings, I would be grateful if you could
help.

Is it possible to find a C code of th ebackfitting algorithm?

Many thanks,

Chiara