[R] lazy blighter

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Tue Mar 8 04:21:33 CET 2005

Adrian Baddeley <adrian <at> maths.uwa.edu.au> writes:

:
: A question about package development.
:
: Our package tarfile (spatstat_1.5-10.tar.gz) has already passed R CMD check.
: We install the package in a local directory, either by hand or by
: running the package checker. Starting R 2.0.1 and loading this package
: using library(spatstat, lib.loc="./spatstat.Rcheck") or whatever,
: we get the following error as soon as there is a data() command:
:
:  > 	Error in lazyLoadDBfetch(key, datafile, compressed, envhook) :
:  >                 file open failed
:
: The file permissions are all 644. This happens on at least two
: systems including pc-linux-gnu.
:
: Is this a bug in lazy loading ? oder?
:

You could try adding

LazyLoad: no

to your DESCRIPTION file although even if that works it may
just get rid of the message and there may still be a real
error in your package lurking.  In the past I have found that
often a lazyload error is not related to lazyloading at all and
signifies some completely different error.  Once I was able to
get past it by using forward rather than backward slashes on a
pathname in MS-Windows, for example.  Another time I had to
successively remove half my package until I pinpointed the
real error.  If you search the archives you can find comments
similar to this by myself although I think I got the main
points here.