[R] RSPYTHON install failed on Mac

Zhesi He zh107 at york.ac.uk
Wed Mar 9 12:27:21 CET 2005

Dear all,

I was trying to install RSPYTHON on my Mac OS X 10.3 into R, and got
the following errors, is it because of my C compiler or the python I
installed?

R CMD INSTALL -c Desktop/RSPython_0.5-4.tar.gz
* Installing *source* package 'RSPython' ...
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
Python version 2.3
Using threads
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'RSPython'
** Removing
'/Applications/StartR.app/RAqua.app/Contents/library/RSPython'

Thanks in advance.

Zhesi He
Computational Biology Laboratory, University of York
York YO10 5YW, U.K.
Phone:  +44-(0)1904-328279
Email:  zh107 at york.ac.uk