[R] Aid with 3-D scatterplots

Jim and Chana Milks jrclmilks at joimail.com
Wed Mar 9 20:17:03 CET 2005

I am attempting to classify pixels from a Landsat image by using their
associated numbers in bands 2, 3, and 4 (It's from an assignment on
classification).  To aid me, I want to create a 3-D scatterplot using
the "cloud" command.  Due to my ignorance of the finer plotting
functions, I am unable to display the scale on the three axes or to
display the grid.

My dataframe (RS) contains four columns: Class, band2, band3, band4.
Class is the classification variable (vegetation, water, soil, etc.)

The basic code I used was:
cloud(band4~band2*band3,RS,xlab="TM Band 2",ylab="TM Band 3",zlab="TM
Band 4",group=RS$Class).

Unfortunately, I'm unsure which arguments to use and how to write them
in.  I've tried adding arguments using "scale", but have not been
successful, mostly because I'm unsure which arguments apply.  The scale
I want for all three axes is 0-100.

Thank you for any help.

Jim Milks