[R] Logistic regression goodness of fit tests

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Thu Mar 10 23:49:13 CET 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:19:41 -0600
Frank E Harrell Jr <f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu> wrote:

> The goodness of fit test only works on prespecified models.  It is not
> valid when stepwise variable selection is used (unless perhaps you use
> alpha=0.5).

Perhaps I'm blind, but I can't find any reference to an alpha parameter on the help page for stepAIC. It runs fine however when I set the parameter and produces as model with the same right hand variables as without. Can you tell me what it is ?

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)