[R] Ploting a function of two arguments

Martin C. Martin martin at metahuman.org
Fri Mar 11 01:52:29 CET 2005

Hi,

I've written a function:

myfun <- function(x, y) {
   // blah blah
}

and I want to graph it.  My plan is to use persp(), and my question is:
how do I create the array of values?  One possibility is:

x <- seq(0, 10, by=.1)
y <- seq(0, 10, by=.1)

inputs <- <somehow create an array of x,y pairs>

outputs <- apply(A, c(1,2), myfun)

The "inputs" array would need to be 101x101x2 array, i.e. basically a 2D
array of pairs.  I might need to write a little wrapper for myfun.

Am I on the right track, or is there an easier way to do this?  It seems
there should be an easier way to graph a 2 argument function like this.

- Martin