[R] xlab cex bug in Lattice/grid and multipage-output (Windows only?)

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Fri Mar 11 08:35:04 CET 2005

The following problem seems to be Windows-specific. Deepayan informed me
that it cannot be reproduced on "platform i386-pc-linux-gnu".

-----
library(lattice)
trellis.device("png", file="sepal%02d.png",color=T,  theme="col.whitebg")
p=xyplot(Sepal.Length + Sepal.Width ~ Petal.Length + Petal.Width | Species,
       data = iris, scales = "free", layout = c(1, 1)
       )

print(p)
dev.off()
----

Compare the x-label on the first and on all following pages: font size is
different.
Same for bmp. Does not occur on multipage-devices such as ps.
By comparing with the png files from Deepayan/Linux, I believe that only the
first xlab has the correct small size, and all others are not correct.

My version: (all libraries updated today)
platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386
os       mingw32
system   i386, mingw32