[R] cross-validation

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Sun Mar 13 23:28:54 CET 2005

I've been looking at the base and Design libraries and it is unclear to me the best way to approach doing cross-validation. I'm interested in using temporal (I have five years of data), spatial (I've divided my data set up into 5 blocks that make sense and have a block variable attached to my data) and I was also thinking of doing a random cross-validation to look at general model stability. For the third options I can use cross-validation or bootstrapping.

If someone can type out a code example, that would be very helpful to me.

Thanks in advance.

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)