[R] using postgresql with R/RODBC

Larry White ljw1001 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:42:42 CET 2005

Hi, Please excuse these questions if they're obvious. I'm new to R.

I need to access a Postgres db from R.  I'm currently trying RODBC as
I spend part of my time on Windows and rdbi.pgsql seems not to support
windows at this time.

I unzipped the RODBC win binary download into my library directory and
tried to load it using

library(RODBC)

I get the following error:

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :   unable to
load shared library
"C:/PROGRA~1/R/rw2001/library/RODBC/libs/RODBC.dll":
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified procedure could not be found.
In addition: Warning message:  package 'RODBC' was built under R version 2.1.0
Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace for 'RODBC'
Error in library(RODBC) : package/namespace load failed for 'RODBC'

The path correctly points to the dll. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

thanks.