[R] use of covariates with nlmeODE

Jesus Frias Jesus.Frias at dit.ie
Wed Mar 16 12:02:35 CET 2005

Dear R-helpers,
	I have some problem with a model I am trying to run with nlmeODE. I have a
covariate that I want to include in the model and I can't find in the
documentation how to include it in the model so that it can calculate it.

>formula(trial)

PME ~ time | Ident

abcnoniso <- list(DiffEq=list(
                    debdt = ~ -ksol*pH*eb ,
                    desdt = ~ ksolref*pH*eb-kdegref*pH*es,
                    dpHdt= ~ -k*(pH-pHinf)
                    ),
                  ObsEq=list(
                    c1 = ~ 0,
                    c2 = ~ es,
                    c3 = ~ 0),
                  Parms=c("ksol","kdeg","k","es0","eb0"),
                  States=c("es","eb","pH"),
                  Init=list("eb0","es0",3))
abcnonisomodc <- nlmeODE(abcnoniso,trial)

The variable pHinf is a covariate that changes from experiment to
experiment. The model does not take very well pHinf.

regards,

Jesus

Jesús María Frías Celayeta
School of Food Sci. and Env. Health.
Faculty of Tourism and Food
Dublin Institute of Technology
Cathal Brugha St., Dublin 1. Ireland
t +353 1 4024459 f +353 1 4024495
w www.dit.ie/DIT/tourismfood/science/staff/frias.html

This message has been scanned for content and
viruses by the DIT Information Services MailScanner
Service, and is believed to be clean.
http://www.dit.ie