[R] How to create a 'fit' plot

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Fri Mar 18 20:44:33 CET 2005

If you know the exact formulae for the distribution, replace it with 'f'
function below. You may want to use the log="x" in the plot.

 f <- function(x) 1 - exp( -x/20 );
 plot( f, xlim=c(0,100), ylim=c(0.5, 1) )

Otherwise generate sufficient realisations from it and fit a line as
below

 x <- seq(-5,5,by=0.01)
 y <- dt(x, 5)
 plot( x, y, type="l", col=8 )

Now you can overlay the observations as points

 obs.x <- rnorm(50)
 obs.y <- runif(50)
 points( obs.x, obs.y, pch=18)

You might want to see help("plot"), help("par") or demo(graphics) as
well as http://www.r-project.org/other-docs.html

Regards, Adai