[R] Convex hull line coordinates..

Clint Bowman clint at ecy.wa.gov
Mon Mar 21 18:24:42 CET 2005

?chull

states:

Value:

     An integer vector giving the indices of the points lying on the
     convex hull, in clockwise order.

therefore (see Example in ?chull) you have the end points of each line
segment from which you can compute the equation of each line segment.
Since the precision of the calculation is finite, there will necessarily
be some portion of each line that may fall on one side or the other of the
"true" convex hull.

Or am I off base?

Clint