[R] DCOM - RODBC/RMySQL problem

j a h_joel_allen_phd at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 21:52:01 CET 2005

All,
I have a windows application in which data are written
to MySQL and R analysis initiated by a VB frontend.
After upgrading to DCOM 1.35, the analysis has become
excruciatingly slow when processing a simple RODBC
query.  I am using DCOM 1.35 - I didn't have this
difficulty prior to upgrading.  I upgraded all other
associated software with no change in performance:
R 2.1
MySQL 4.1.10
MyODBC 3.51.11

I then installed DBI and RMySQL.  I have been working
with RMySQL using emacs.  When establishing a
connection, Rterm crashes with the error "instruction
at "0x78001d0b" referenced memory at "0x00000000" the
memory could not be read."

Is anyone familiar with these problems?  Any help is
appreciated.

R.Version()
$platform
[1] "i386-pc-mingw32"