[R] Confirmatory Factor Analysis in Non-Normal case

yyan liu zhliur at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 01:23:45 CET 2005

Hi:
  I am doing a confirmatory factor analysis now. In
the analysis, I have null hypothesis test which
specify some special structure for the loading matrix.
And the alternative is there is no such special
structure. Then the log likelihood ratio test can be
used. The problem I have is my data comes from a
questionnaire and all the variables are discrete from
1 to 7, which makes the normality assumption a
problem. I wonder if there is any other test can do
this job or at least I can make some sensible
transformation to make the variables "normal"?
  Thank you very much!

liu