[R] Does R work in 64 bit on apple G5?

David Ruau David.Ruau at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Mar 23 19:40:17 CET 2005

Thanks,
I was sure the pre-compile version was 32 bit but not if you compile it
your self...
It give the same infos when you run gc() or .Machine$sizeof.pointer
either on OS X client with a pre-compiled version or on OS X Server
with a home compile version.
 > .Machine$sizeof.pointer
[1] 4
 > gc()
          used (Mb) gc trigger (Mb)
Ncells 140949  3.8     350000  9.4
Vcells  52967  0.5     786432  6.0

Did anybody use R with Xgrid?
I am trying but it's not so easy to send the R job to the controller...

David