[R] help.start search

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Thu Mar 24 23:11:33 CET 2005

"Carlisle Thacker" <Carlisle.Thacker at noaa.gov> writes:

> Dear R experts,
>
> When using R 2.1 under Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 with Mozilla 1.7.6 as
> browser, help.start() almost works correctly.  When I follow one of the
> search result links everything is fine, but when I go back to follow
> another link, I find them all inactive.  So I have to redo the search.
>
> Any suggestions?

There are issues with the Mozilla rendering engines and dynamically
generated pages. Check out Marc Schwartz' analysis of the situation in
e.g. https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2003-April/030972.html. He
also points out that a workaround is to use tabbed browsind so that
you don't have to use Back.

I still see the same effect with Firefox 1.0.2 and j2re-1.4.2 on FC3.

BTW, R 2.0.1 is not R 2.1. The distinction is going to be important
about 3.5 weeks from now.