[R] learning networks with a large number of variables and pre-set parents.

Christian Schulz ozric at web.de
Sat Mar 26 08:13:34 CET 2005

Hi,

you have 10000 variables and how many cases?
In my experience you need a lot of memory working with this kind/size of
data and deal!

>> dim(pk.df)
[1] 7321 24
>> pk <- network(pk.df)
>> pk.prior <- jointprior(pk)
Error in rep.default(data, length.out = vl) :
cannot allocate vector of length 577368000

Perhaps this is usefuel for you?

Ines - Induction of Network Structure
(learning probabilistic and possibilistic graphical models)

http://fuzzy.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~borgelt/ines.html

regards,
Christian