[R] about prcomp's result

ronggui 0034058 at fudan.edu.cn
Sat Mar 26 10:22:24 CET 2005

i know we can carry out principle component analysis by prcomp() and princomp().and the result is similar but not identical.

i know ratation in prcomp is the loadings form princomp,sdev from both command is the standard deviations of the principal components.

and my question is: is the x from prcomp has the same meaning of  score from princomp?and what is the relationship between x(from prcomp),scores(from princomp)and principle components. it seems the same.is that right?

thank you