[R] netcdf

Frank Aebly faebly at neb.rr.com
Sun Mar 27 18:27:44 CEST 2005

Hi All,
I'm very knew to R.  I downloaded and am running it on my redhat so
that I can use the clim.pact package.  Everything is downloaded and
installed correctly.  When trying to read a netcdf file from the
NCEP/NCAR reanalysis dataset using retrieve.nc I keep getting errors
that the number of dimensions are wrong.

If I use
x.1 <- retrieve.nc("geopothgt.nc")
I get the above error.
this file is a subset created from the NCEP website with only the 500
mb level

I've tried both
force 365.25=TRUE
daysayear=365.25
  one at a time, and without these arguments and I still get the same
error

I also tried to use retrieve.nc with the whole data set and I get the
message that data is in months when time units are set to days. Set
time unit to month.  But I haven't been able to find in the
documentation what the values are for t.unit.
I've tried
t.unit=month
t.unit="month"
t.unit=MONTH
t.unit="MONTH"
all of these result in a return of "unused argument t.unit"
I'm apparently not entering the correct value for t.unit, but I can't
find a list of options anywhere

Any help?

Thanks
Frank Aebly