[R] Negative binomial GLMMs in R

Anders Nielsen andersn at hawaii.edu
Sun Mar 27 23:34:57 CEST 2005

Dear List,

I have tried the program (Linux version) supplied to fit the
negative binomial mixed model. It seems to work really well and
converge fast.

Since this is apparently a model that is difficult to fit with
what is presently in R, and more difficult to fit with other
standard tools, it would be nice to have this solution wrapped
into a real R-package with documentation and all. I for one
would like to encourage the authors to make such a package
available (and would be willing to help if requested).

I don't know if such a package could be posted on CRAN since it
relies on a closed source library for automatic differentiation,
but if that is a problem it could at least be made available on
a personal web-page.

Cheers,

Anders.