[R] Annotation metadata "kills" help.search

Gerard Tromp gerard.tromp at sanger.med.wayne.edu
Tue Mar 29 05:08:58 CEST 2005

Greetings!

OS: Windows
R 2.0.1

Before anyone flames -- I tried to query this on the R searchable web site
and using google and did not find anything applicable.

As of about a week ago the help.search function dies when used in the simple
help.search("something") usage.
The error is
Error in rbind(...) : number of columns of matrices must match (see arg 203)

After some effort I have traced it down to the annotation packages. I
installed
GO, KEGG, mgu74[abc]v2 and hgu133plus2 all version 1.7.0

When I move these out of the library directory, help.search() functions
correctly again.

I have not tracked it any further -- just wanted to know if anyone else had
noticed it.

Gerard Tromp