[R] error messages on R CMD check

Johannes Hüsing johannes at huesing.name
Wed Mar 30 14:34:57 CEST 2005

Dear all,
I am trying to wrap up a package. On entering
R CMD check, I get the following error messages:

[...]
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... WARNING
Error in .try_quietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :
	package/namespace load failed for 'resper'
Execution halted
See section 'Generic functions and methods' of the 'Writing R Extensions'
manual.
* checking replacement functions ... WARNING
Error in .try_quietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :
	package/namespace load failed for 'resper'
Execution halted
In R, the argument of a replacement function which corresponds to the right
hand side must be named 'value'.
* checking foreign function calls ... WARNING
Error in .try_quietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :
	package/namespace load failed for 'resper'
Execution halted
See section 'System and foreign language interfaces' of the 'Writing R
Extensions' manual.
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking for missing documentation entries ... ERROR
Error in .try_quietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :

I am not getting these messages, nor their relation to
section 'Generic functions and methods' of the 'Writing
R Extensions' manual, as I did not write any generic methods
in my package.

There has been some discussion of the error message around
Christmas 2003: http://maths.newcastle.edu.au/~rking/R/devel/03b/1438.html,
but I can't see how the circumstances described there apply to
my situation ("export a class name").

Could somebody give me a clue on how to give my search a
direction?

Greetings

Johannes