[R] NA's?

Asha Jayanthi ashajayanthi at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 31 03:22:03 CEST 2005

I have a large matrix of data .

The size of the matrix ranges from 100 x 100 to 1000 x 1000

Now i have to do computations on that. And should not consider the diagonal
elements.

I tried setting diag(M) = NA  and M = na.omit(M).

But this omits all the rows. I only want to omit that diagonal elements only
but consider the whole row.

diag(M) = 0 seems like a good option but this will affect my result.

How to proceed with this. How to just ignore some specific values. what if i
want to consider only the upper / lower triangular matrix

Asha

http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/4686-26272-10936-31?ck=RegSell Start your
business.