[R] NA's?

Mulholland, Tom Tom.Mulholland at dpi.wa.gov.au
Thu Mar 31 05:55:55 CEST 2005

See upper.tri and lower.tri.

I think that you might also look for specific packages that function using matrices, from what I have seen these often have the capacity to ignore the diagonal or use just the upper or lower triangle. This is not an area that I use very much, but I have seen various posts about different types of matrices and there appears to be quite a lot of code that deals with the range of types and uses. Obvious candidates include the Matrix package, but a search for matrix in all of the CRAN packages brings up a bewildering variety of matrix related functions. You may find it useful to search for the specific type of manipulation that you are attempting.

Tom

ll Start your
business.