[R] Surface plot for polynomial regression

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 31 17:58:26 CEST 2005

Please note there is no `scatter3d' function in R.
There is one in John Fox's package Rcmdr: please give credit where it is
due.

However, I think you have overlooked functions like persp, image, contour,
cloud wireframe and levelplot (lattice), all of which can plot any
function of two variables and whose examples (and some of the demos) show
you how.  You might also want to look at rgl.surface (package rgl).

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Johannes Ullrich wrote:

> Dear R-experts,
>
> my goal is to visualize the following polynomial regression as a 3D-surface:

It is a 2D surface, by any reasonable definition of `dimension'.