[R] [R-pkgs] version 1.5 of package "distr" available

Peter Ruckdeschel Peter.Ruckdeschel at uni-bayreuth.de
Thu Mar 31 23:45:56 CEST 2005

We would like to announce the availability on CRAN of a new version (1.5)
of our package "distr" .
Changes from 1.4 to 1.5

-package is now using /lazy loading/
-minor changes in the help pages
-minor enhancements in plot for distributions
 (Gamma, discrete distributions)
-package now includes a demo - folder; try /demo("distr")/
-class /Gamma/ has been renamed /Gammad/ to avoid name collisions
-we have a CITATION file now; consider /citation("distr")/
-enhanced demos:
  +convolution of uniform variables now includes exact expressions
  +min/max of two variables now available for discrete distributions
-rd-Files have now a keyword entry for distribution and thus may be
 found by the search engine
-exact formula for  "Unif" o "numeric" where o \in { +,-,*,/ }

Short Description of "distr":
"distr" is to provide a conceptual treatment of random variables
(r.v.'s) by means of S4--classes. A virtual mother class "Distribution"
is introduced.
All distributions of the "base" package are implemented as subclasses of
either "AbscontDistribution" or "DiscreteDistribution".

Using these classes, we also provide (default) methods to automatically
generate the image distributions under unary mathematical operations as
well as a general convolution algorithm.

Additionally, we also provide classes for a standardized treatment of
simulations (also under contaminations) and evaluations of statistical
procedures on such simulations.

Package: distr
Version: 1.5