[R] General Question on learning R...

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue May 3 12:55:36 CEST 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 6:46 AM, Jonathan Q. wrote:

> In the process of learning R, with a specific interest on financial
> time series.  While I continue to get through the documents I am more
> a fan of learning by example and then looking up how each function is
> used.  Any websites which post sample code for R?

The largest source of example code is R itself.  If you have a command
in which you are interested, you can often just type the command and
the code will be shown to you.  Try typing:

ls()

Then:

ls

It will show you the code used to produce the result.  Also, each
command has its own example(s) in the help.

Sean