[R] loading gap package

Constantinos Antoniou costas at mit.edu
Wed May 4 10:46:15 CEST 2005

On 4 Μαϊ 2005, at 11:35 πμ, Uwe Ligges wrote:

> Eduwin Pakpahan wrote:
>
>> Dear R users, I did install R. 2.0.1, and try to load "gap" package.
>> However, below is the message shown when I did load it. Can anybody
>> please let me know my mistakes?
>> ----
>>> library()
>>> library(gap)
>> Error: package 'gdata' could not be loaded
>> In addition: Warning message: There is no package called 'gdata' in:
>> library(pkg, character.only =
>> TRUE, logical = TRUE, lib.loc = lib.loc)
>> ----
>

> Let me read the error message for you:
> "There is no package 'gdata'" simply means the package is not there...
> So what about installing it?
>
> Hint: it is part of the package bundle "gregmisc".

I have a similar problem with R 2.1.0 on Mac OSX 10.3.9.

 > library(gregmisc)
Error: package 'gdata' could not be loaded
In addition: Warning message:
there is no package called 'gdata' in: library(pkg, character.only =
TRUE, logical = TRUE, lib.loc = lib.loc)

At first I tried getting this gdata from somewhere else, but I could
not find it (evidence indicated that it is part of the gregmisc, as I
suspected originally... You email confirms this...)

(For the record, my goal is to get read.xls, which is part (?) of gdata)

Thanks,

Costas