[R] Huynh-Feldt R vs SAS Bug

Bela Bauer bela_b at gmx.net
Wed May 4 14:41:09 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm using anova.mlm sphericity tests/corrections, and I'm getting
different values than SAS. In order to be able to use these values for
publications, I'd need to know more about the SAS bug that is mentioned
in the Reference Manual.
- What exactly causes the different values?
- Is it just a slight difference, or can I expect significant
differences in H-F/G-G epsilons and corrected p-Values? With the data
sets I'm using, the SAS value for H-F epsilon is almost twice the value
from R, and I'm wondering if there's a mistake on my side or if it is
just caused by the SAS bug.

Thanks for any hints...

Bela