[R] some pairs() questions

Pieter Provoost pieterprovoost at gmail.com
Thu May 5 17:43:26 CEST 2005

I have a few problems with pairs(). I want to add the variables names to the
plot, but I don't know how. I tried different things with the labels
argument but nothing worked out. This is the code:

read.table("bay1.bay",header=T)->Rdata
(histogram part skipped)
pairs(Rdata,
pch='.',diag.panel=panel.hist,labels=NULL,gap=0,xaxt="n",yaxt="n",upper.pane
l=NULL)

The other problem is that I want to "highlight" one or more of the records
of Rdata (give it another symbol and another color). What's the easiest way
to do this? The record to be highlighted should be selected based on the
value of one of the variables (smaller than 2.8 is this case).

Many thanks in advance,
Pieter Provoost