[R] "Source R code" via menu "File"

Dirk Enzmann dirk.enzmann at jura.uni-hamburg.de
Tue May 10 13:44:59 CEST 2005

If I use the first menu item "Source R code" of the menu "File" to call
"source()" by searching the *.r files in my directory interactively, a
window opens showing the active directory, but no files to choose (even
if there are files with the extension .r). If I start entering the the
name of a file that I know to be in the active directory, by entering a
firt letter of the file name a list of files beginning with this letter
shows up - but not a list of all files with the extension .r.

This happens if I use R version 2.1.0 patched (2005-04-18) running under
Windows XP (German), the menu item is in German "Lese R Code ein". In
previous versions of R (e.g. version 2.0.1 patched (2004-11-17)) this
never happend, i.e. in older versions I could choose a file from a list
of all files with the extension .r in the current directory.

What has changed? Is this specific to my configuration (of R or of
Windows) or is it a bug?

R: version 2.1.0 patched (2005-04-18)
Operating system: Windows XP (German)

Dr. Dirk Enzmann