[R] Running R from Perl program

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue May 10 14:36:19 CEST 2005

Well, after reviewing all the available options about 2 years ago, I
decided on the traditional perl option of opening up a pipe to R from
within perl and simply firing commands at it.

This worked for me because all I wanted to do was create images.  If you
want to get back the results of an analysis, say from topTable() in
limma, then you can write the results of that out to a temporary file
and read that in using perl.

All very cumbersome, but it works :-)