[R] Plotting dendrogram horizontally

Tae-Hoon Chung thchung at tgen.org
Tue May 10 20:36:17 CEST 2005

Hi, All;

I tried to plot a dendrogram horizontally using following codes:

hc.g <- hclust(dist(mat), method="single")
plot(as.dendrogram(hc.g), horiz=T, ...)

While I was trying this (single linkage was IMPORTANT) with a matrix with
size 587 rows, an error happened with a message saying

[1] "Error in match.fun(FUN) : evaluation nested too deeply: infinite
recursion options(expression=)?\n"
attr(,"class")
[1] "try-error"

If I used other linkage methods, this error didn't happen. Only for single
linkage method, this error took place.

Is there any other way I can plot dendrogram horizontally without using
as.dendrogram?

Thanks in advance,
Tae-Hoon Chung
Tae-Hoon Chung
Post-Doctoral Researcher
Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen)
445 N. 5th Street (Suite 530)
Phoenix, AZ 85004
1-602-343-8724 (Direct)
1-480-323-9820 (Mobile)