[R] The error in R while using bugs.R function

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue May 17 08:37:57 CEST 2005

Li, Jia wrote:

> Dear R users,
>
> I followed the instuctions on Dr. Gelman's web to install all
> of documents that bugs.R needs, but when I try to run the school example that the web posted in R, I got an error: couldn't find function "bugs", what's wrong?

Have you forgot to source() Andrew's bugs.R file?

Anyway, you might want to give the CRAN package R2WinBUGS a try, which
is based on Andrew's code known as "bugs.R".
There is also a developer version BRugs (an interface to OpenBUGS)
available at http://www.statistik.uni-dortmund.de/~ligges/BRugs/ (will
move to CRAN very soon now).

Uwe Ligges