[R] R -SQL

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 18 14:37:21 CEST 2005

You have not told us what package you are using (and I think this is a
repeat of a post also missing that crucial information).

However, the main problem appears to be that you think & operates on
character strings.  You have not told us your intentions, which might have
been

paste("select ... crit.Title=", criteria$Title[j], ";", sep="")

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk