[R] Arranging Plots

Rau, Roland Rau at demogr.mpg.de
Thu May 19 12:42:05 CEST 2005

Dear all,

I'd appreciate any hints how to arrange some plots.
I have three plots. I would like to arrange them in the following order:
- Plot 1 and Plot 2 should be in the upper row
- Plot 3 should be in the lower row but centered in the middle.

I hope the following sketch will help understanding my problem
================
| ===    ===   |
|| P1|  |P2 |  |
||   |  |   |  |
| ===    ===   |
|    ====      |
|   |P3  |     |
|   |    |     |
|    ====      |
================

I tried already things
split.screen(c(2,1))
split.screen(c(1,2), screen=1)
screen(3)
### plotting of Plot 1
screen (4)
### plotting of Plot 2
screen(2)
### plotting of Plot 3
close.screen()

but then Plot 3 will be stretched across the whole screen (would be
screen(2)) and I would like to have it just the same width as the other
plots 1 and 2.

Can anyone give me some hints?

Thank you very much!
Roland

+++++
This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Rese...{{dropped}}