[R] getting the unique values and counts from a vector

Wladimir Eremeev wl at eimb.ru
Fri May 20 17:57:01 CEST 2005

Dear Ravi,
>From a vector, I want to get the unique values and the counts of these
>unique values in the vector. For example, x<-c(2,1,2,1,4,2,1,4,1,1)

try
> hist(x,plot=FALSE,breask=unique(x))$counts
[1] 5 3 0 0 0 2

--
Best regards
Wladimir Eremeev                                     mailto:wl at eimb.ru

Research Scientist, PhD                           Leninsky Prospect 33,
Space Monitoring & Ecoinformation Systems Sector, Moscow, Russia, 119071,
Institute of Ecology,                             Phone: (095) 135-9972;
Russian Academy of Sciences                       Fax: (095) 135-9972