[R] constraints

Arne Henningsen ahenningsen at agric-econ.uni-kiel.de
Sun May 22 22:46:34 CEST 2005

On Sunday 22 May 2005 21:32, you wrote:
> Hi Arne,
> Thanks. Unfortunately constrOptim does not handle combined equality and
> inequality constraints, or perhaps not in a way that I understand. Do you
> have suggestions as to how to handle such combinations of constraints?
> best, ingmar

You can impose the equality constraints directly by parameter substitution.
See
   https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2005-May/070481.html
and the 3 answers.
Then you can impose the inequality constraints in constrOptim.
I don't know if it possible to impose an equality constraint, say a = b, in
constrOptim by two inequality constraints:
   a - b >= 0
and
   b - a >= 0
However, I guess that the solver prefers the first way ;-)

Best wishes,
Arne

--
Arne Henningsen