[R] transform normally distributed random terms to gamma distributed random terms

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon May 23 21:23:47 CEST 2005

	  1.  The help page for ?rgamma says E(g) = shape*scale = shape/rate
and var(g) = shape*scale^2 = shape/rate^2.  These are different from
what I read in your email.  Could you please check the help page more
carefully?

	  2.  If this does not solve your problem, PLEASE do read the posting
guide! "http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".  Many people
answer their own questions in the process of preparing a posting.  If
they don't find the answer, their question is more likely to elicit
useful replies.  In particular, please include a brief example
explaining why you think "rgamma" won't work for you, nor why something
like qgamma(runif(...)) nor qgamma(pnorm(rnorm(...)))?

	  hope this helps.
	  spencer graves